Monday 19 January 2015

OS X

I remember starting with Senseless Soccer in X Code, fannying around for hours with "frameworks," search paths, SDLMain.m  etc. to get SDL working.

Well I've just done the same damn thing to build the latest version of Sensi for Mac, this time using Eclipse.

I can save you 3 hours and 50 minutes of the 4 damn hours it took me to finally work it out:

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT pay any attention to the guides on the interwebs! You'll spend hours fannying around with frameworks, search paths and SDLMain.m and in the end, it wont work! It is much easier than the internet wants you to think.

You don't need to bother with frameworks at all!

Simply install SDL from source as usual (run configure, make, and install.) Set up Eclipse exactly as in Linux (just add search path and tell it what libs to link to), import your Eclipse project and build.

Voila (as long as you've stayed away from system specific code in your project source).

Yeah, it's that easy.

Not my screenshot, I just liked this guiy's colour profile!

No comments:

Post a Comment